Contribute in ways that match your available time and budget
We are one in a collection of 501(c)(3) organizations incorporated at the State and County level whose primary purpose is to provide support of and advocacy for WSU Extension Master Gardener Programs in Chelan and Douglas Counties.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in Washington State. And like all non-profits, we could use your financial assistance. If you believe in what we are doing, please help us make a greater impact across Chelan and Douglas Counties with a cash donation. Your donations help us grow.
Foundation executives must make tough decisions about which programs get funded and how much they receive. Your donation allows us to do more. The Master Gardener Program infrastructure is supported by Washington State University Extension. Your donation funds projects, gardens, and educational opportunities.
In each year, there are changing needs and new requests for funding but on average, here is how your money is allocated in Chelan and Douglas Counties:
- Demonstration Gardens. We fund many programs at our demonstration gardens including Youth Outreach, Answer Clinics, and numerous free educational courses.
- Plant Sale Preparation. Hosting the plant sale has its own expenses, and there are costs associated with transplanting and growing plants from seed, the ‘inventory’ of the plant sale.
- Community Gardens. Everyday expenses and upkeep associated within our numerous community gardens.
- Plant Diagnostic Clinics. We answer your questions, free, in our plant clinics. To do that, we have expenses associated with tools such as microscopes, and acquiring reference material, as well as printing costs for the information we provide.
- Everything Else. Miscellaneous expenses associated with our Speakers’ Bureau program, volunteer recognition programs and the day-to-day expenses of running a volunteer organization.
The Foundation is always grateful for donations of new or like-new garden tools and other items and services which help our master gardeners. Contact a member of our board of directors to learn how your contribution can help.
When you link your “Rewards” card with the Master Gardener Foundation of Chelan County, Fred Meyer will donate a percentage of all your purchases to our foundation at no cost to you.
To participate: Go to Fred Meyer Community Rewards. You will find instructions on how to sign on to your “Rewards” card account and to search for ‘Master Gardener Foundation of Chelan County’ to link to your card. That’s it. From that point forward, a percentage of your purchases will be credited to our program. Thank you!
WSU Extension Chelan/Douglas County Master Gardeners are university trained community educators, dedicated to providing unbiased horticultural knowledge and resources. As a master gardener you will receive an abundance of gardening knowledge to support your own learning and interests. Becoming an Extension Master Gardener is academically rigorous, and maintaining your certification from year to year also requires dedication and time.
Join the Foundation
Foundation membership is open to WSU Chelan/Douglas County Master Gardeners who want to do more to support the Program. As a foundation member, you can attend board meetings, and in doing so will get a better understanding of the overall scope and financial health of the Master Gardener Foundation of Chelan County. You can also run for office and vote on important Foundation matters such as budgets, officers, and by-law changes. We are always looking for energetic volunteers who want to increase their impact on, and bring innovative ideas into the organization.